Although I am a day late for Blog Day 2008, I thought I'd nonetheless join in. This is what Blog Day is all about:
What is BlogDay?
BlogDay was created with the belief that bloggers should have one day dedicated to getting to know other bloggers from other countries and areas of interest. On that day Bloggers will recommend other blogs to their blog visitors.
With the goal in mind, on this day every blogger will post a recommendation of 5 new blogs. This way, all blog readers will find themselves leaping around and discovering new, previously unknown blogs.
What will happen on BlogDay?
One long moment on August 31st, bloggers from all over the world will post recommendations of 5 new Blogs, preferably Blogs that are different from their own culture, point of view and attitude. On this day, blog readers will find themselves leaping around and discovering new, unknown Blogs, celebrating the discovery of new people and new bloggers.
- The Margins of Error - Hugh Atkin is probably Australia's leading creator of humourous political videos and this blog contains his latest videos, often with a revealing personal commentary on the making of or idea for the video.
- Tama Leaver dot Net - Tama Leaver is one of Australia's most insightful digital culture academics and Tama uses this blog to share his thoughts on digital culture as well as a great collection of links.
- skepticlawyer - skepticlawyer, aka Helen Dale, has been joined by Legal Eagle and together they have created a simply wonderful blawg that provides an interesting and occasionally provocative look at legal and political issues from their own unique perspectives.
- Written and Directed by James Tinniswood - Recent UQ law graduate James Tinniswood blogs about movies and shares his quirky observations while showcasing his entertaining YouTube videos and songs.
- hello.com.au - I've included this tumblelog in my list to try and encourage hello.com.au's creator Anthony Dever to keep going with this little side project. hello.com.au contains a fun mix of news, quotes, links and videos.